Write a letter to the accommodation officer at the college. In your letter

 Write a letter to the accommodation officer at the college. In your letter:

- explain your situation.

- describe the accommodation you require

- say when you will need it


Begin your letter as follows: "Dear Ms Walker"

You should write at least 150 words.


Sample answer:

Dear Ms. Walker,


Allow me to introduce myself - I am Tewodros Haile, a foreign exchange student hailing from Ethiopia, and I am excited to inform you that I have been granted the opportunity to study at the esteemed University of Alberta. As I prepare for this life-changing academic journey, I am writing to discuss my accommodation requirements.


To immerse myself in the local culture and foster a deeper understanding of the Canadian way of life, I am keen on the idea of residing with a native family. This arrangement would not only provide me with a comfortable place to stay but also an invaluable cultural exchange experience that I believe would enrich my time as a student in Canada.


Considering the financial aspects of my stay, I am inquiring about the cost of this accommodation, including meals. It would be immensely helpful to have a clear understanding of the expenses involved, as it will enable me to plan and budget accordingly. Additionally, I would appreciate information on whether I would need to purchase furniture such as a table or chairs for my room, and if so, any guidance on where and how to obtain these items.


I would like to request accommodation for a duration of three weeks, from September 1st to September 21st, which aligns with the start of my academic commitments. However, I would like to extend my stay for an additional week, from September 21st to September 28th, to allow myself the opportunity to become more acquainted with the local culture and lifestyle before fully focusing on my studies.


Could you kindly provide information on the total cost of accommodation for this period, including the extended week, as well as any specific details about the meal options that would be available to me?


I understand that this request may require some flexibility and arrangements on your part, and I genuinely appreciate your assistance in helping me make a smooth transition into my new academic and cultural environment. I eagerly look forward to your response and guidance on this matter and am grateful for your support in this exciting phase of my life.


Thank you for your time and consideration.


Sincerely, 

Tewodros Haile

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

In many countries, people are now living longer than ever before. Some people say an ageing population creates problems for governments. Other people think there are benefits if society has more elderly people. To what extent do the advantages of having an ageing population outweigh the disadvantages?

IELTS Cambridge Book 18. Test 1. The graph below gives information about the percentage of the population in four Asian countries living in cities from 1970 to 2020, with predictions for 2030 and 2040.

IELTS Speaking part 3. Changes