IELTS letter: You have heard that a developer plans to build a shopping centre near your home.

 You have heard that a developer plans to build a shopping centre near your home.

Write a letter to the council. In your letter

  • say how you heard about the plan

  • explain how you feel about it

  • ask for more information about it


Grammar:

  • is going to be built/constructed/erected

  • Having studied the plan carefully, I realized that not only is it likely to make the place overcrowded and, consequently, cause pollution, but it is also bound to spoil the atmosphere of a green spot in our city, where people tend to get back to nature after a hard working day.

  • it would be appreciated if you could send me any documents concerning/regarding the issue


Ideas:

  • blocking the scenery of the riverside

  • (with/without) citizens interests in mind

  • problems with traffic (traffic congestion, exhaust fumes)

  • environmental issues


How you feel:

  • I am disappointed

  • I am absolutely unsupportive




Sentence starters:

- I am writing to express my concern regarding ...



Dear Sir/Madam,


  • It must have been around a fortnight ago when I moved into my cozy studio apartment in a residential area in Odintsovo. Hardly had I organized my house-warming party when my neighbour told me that a shopping mall was going to be erected within the immediate vicinity of our block of flats.

  • Having heard the gloomy news which rendered me speechless, it did not take me long to realise that not only is the place going to be overcrowded, but the construction process is also highly likely to generate a fair amount of incessant and deafening noise.

  • I would really appreciate it if you could kindly send me the construction documents including the size and the layout of the shopping centre as soon as I have this letter delivered to you by “Post of Russia”.





Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my deep concern regarding the recent news I received about the planned construction of a shopping centre in the immediate vicinity of my residence in Odintsovo. I learned about this proposed development approximately two weeks ago from my neighbor, and it has left me profoundly unsettled.

Upon studying the proposed plan carefully, I realized that not only is the shopping centre likely to block the picturesque scenery of the riverside, but it is also bound to have significant adverse effects on our community. Having examined the details, I am apprehensive about the potential environmental issues, such as increased pollution and a negative impact on the green spaces in our city. The proposed construction not only threatens to disrupt the serene atmosphere but also poses the risk of overlooking citizens' interests.

Furthermore, considering the size and scale of the shopping centre, I am worried about potential problems with traffic, including traffic congestion and the emission of exhaust fumes. The increased vehicular movement in the area could lead to a myriad of issues, affecting both the environment and the quality of life for the residents.

I am disappointed and absolutely unsupportive of this development plan. It not only goes against the interests of the community but also raises concerns about the long-term impact on the well-being of the residents. Therefore, I kindly request more information about the project, including any construction documents, the size, and the layout of the shopping centre.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide me with detailed insights into the proposed development so that I can better understand the potential consequences and implications for our community. I believe that transparency in this matter is crucial, and having access to such information will allow residents to make informed decisions and express their concerns more effectively.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to receiving the requested information at your earliest convenience.

Yours sincerely,

Yuri Kondratiev







Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my concerns and apprehensions regarding the recent announcement I heard on the radio about the potential construction of a shopping mall in my residential area. It must have been around a fortnight ago when this disheartening news reached me, and it has since become a cause of deep frustration and worry.

The proposed construction not only threatens to alter the landscape of our neighborhood but also raises significant concerns about potential environmental issues. I am particularly worried about the disruption of the natural habitat for a wide range of animals that inhabit the area, such as the shrew, chipmunk, and beavers. These creatures contribute to the ecological balance and are an integral part of our local biodiversity.

The construction of a shopping mall has the potential to encroach upon their habitats, leading to displacement and potential harm to these animals. I am deeply concerned about the long-term consequences of this development on our local wildlife and the delicate balance of our ecosystem.

In light of these concerns, I kindly request detailed information about the construction plan, including specific details about sizes and the exact location of the proposed shopping mall. Having access to this information is crucial, not only for my understanding but also because I am actively involved with a nature protection organization that has started investigating this issue.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with the necessary details promptly. This information will not only help me address my personal concerns but will also enable me to contribute to the efforts of the nature protection organization in understanding the potential environmental impact of the proposed construction.

I understand that development is essential for the growth of our community, but I believe it is equally important to consider the environmental implications and find a balanced approach that preserves the natural beauty of our surroundings.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to receiving the requested information soon.

Yours faithfully,

Olga Aminova

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

In many countries, people are now living longer than ever before. Some people say an ageing population creates problems for governments. Other people think there are benefits if society has more elderly people. To what extent do the advantages of having an ageing population outweigh the disadvantages?

IELTS Cambridge Book 18. Test 1. The graph below gives information about the percentage of the population in four Asian countries living in cities from 1970 to 2020, with predictions for 2030 and 2040.

IELTS Speaking part 3. Changes