IELTS Genearal Writing task 1. Letter to an internet provider

 Your internet connection has been slow and intermittent.

Write a letter to your internet service provider to complain. In the letter:

Describe the problem and why you are unhappy

Arrange for an engineer to visit your home

Request a reduction in your bill


Sample letter:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my profound dissatisfaction with the internet service provided and to request immediate assistance in resolving the persistent issues that have plagued my connection.

Allow me to elucidate the matter in greater detail. Over the past month, I have encountered significant problems with my internet connection, which have increasingly disrupted my professional obligations. Specifically, the connection has been intermittently slow and experiences considerable lag during crucial work meetings held between 9 AM and 11 AM. Despite numerous attempts to rectify the situation by resetting the router and checking all internal connections, the problem persists. These disruptions have not only impeded my ability to communicate effectively with my colleagues but have also led to frequent misunderstandings due to the continuous interruptions in real-time discussions. This situation is untenable and severely impacts my job performance, given that seamless communication is imperative for my role.

In light of these issues, I kindly request that you arrange for a qualified engineer to visit my residence to thoroughly inspect and rectify the problem. I am available throughout next week due to my scheduled vacation, which affords me the flexibility to accommodate the visit at any time convenient for your team. Please confirm the exact time of the visit at your earliest convenience.

Moreover, considering the persistent inconvenience and the degradation of service quality, I request a reduction in my monthly bill until these issues are fully resolved. This adjustment would be a fair compensation for the substandard service I have experienced and the undue stress it has caused.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and look forward to a swift resolution. Your cooperation in addressing this issue will not only restore my trust in your services but also prevent any further disruption to my professional responsibilities.

Thank you for your understanding and prompt response.

Yours faithfully, 

Olga Aminova

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

In many countries, people are now living longer than ever before. Some people say an ageing population creates problems for governments. Other people think there are benefits if society has more elderly people. To what extent do the advantages of having an ageing population outweigh the disadvantages?

IELTS Cambridge Book 18. Test 1. The graph below gives information about the percentage of the population in four Asian countries living in cities from 1970 to 2020, with predictions for 2030 and 2040.

IELTS Speaking part 3. Changes