IELTS General Writing task 1 Letter. Problems at a fitness centre (gym)

 A fitness center you frequently attend is currently facing issues with some of its equipment.

Write a letter to the manager.

In your letter:

  • Inform them about the equipment-related concern

  • Describe how this concern has impacted your experience

  • Explain the compelling reasons that make it imperative to address this matter with urgency


Sample letter 1:

Dear Manager,

I am writing to bring to your attention a pressing issue regarding the equipment at WeGym Fitness, a facility that I have been a patron of for several years.

First and foremost, I would like to highlight the trouble with the Smith machine, which I cannot utilize during my training routine due to the lack of barbells. Additionally, many loyal members are affected by the absence of double dumbbells, making it impossible to train both arms simultaneously and extending the duration of our workouts. Furthermore, there is a significant issue with the treadmills, which produce substantial vibrations while running, causing many members to stop using them.

These issues have negatively impacted my fitness performance, leading to a deterioration in the quality of my muscle training due to the inability to perform basic exercises with the necessary equipment. This problem not only affects my personal fitness achievements but also hinders the individual progress of other members. More importantly, these equipment issues compromise the overall quality, service, and safety of the center.

I kindly request that you address these problems as soon as possible for the benefit of all members of your fitness club. I eagerly await your feedback regarding the steps you will undertake to resolve these issues.

Thank you in advance for considering my complaint.

Yours sincerely,

Olga Aminova


Sample letter 2:

Dear Manager,

I am writing to bring to your attention several pressing issues regarding the equipment at WeGym Fitness, a facility where I have been a dedicated member for the past five years. My experiences at your gym have generally been positive, but recent problems with the equipment are causing significant disruptions to my training routine and overall fitness progress.

Firstly, I would like to address the issue with the Smith machine. This essential piece of equipment is currently unusable due to the absence of appropriate barbells. As someone who relies heavily on this machine for my strength training regimen, this has forced me to alter my workout routine significantly, reducing the effectiveness of my sessions. For instance, I typically perform squats and bench presses using the Smith machine, but without the necessary barbells, I am unable to maintain my regular workout intensity.

Additionally, the lack of double dumbbells has been a considerable inconvenience for many members, including myself. This deficiency makes it impossible to train both arms simultaneously, leading to uneven muscle development and longer workout sessions. For example, during peak hours, it is common to see members waiting for extended periods just to use a single dumbbell, which disrupts the flow of their workouts and diminishes the overall gym experience.

Moreover, the treadmills have become a significant concern. They produce excessive vibrations and noise when in use, which not only distracts but also poses a safety risk. I have personally witnessed a member almost falling due to the erratic movement of the treadmill belt. This problem discourages members from using the treadmills, forcing them to seek alternative cardio exercises that may not be as effective.

These issues have collectively had a detrimental impact on my fitness journey. The inability to perform basic exercises has led to a noticeable decline in my muscle tone and overall performance. More importantly, these problems affect not only my personal progress but also the fitness achievements of other members, thereby reducing the overall quality and reputation of WeGym Fitness.

I urge you to address these issues with the utmost urgency. Ensuring that the Smith machine is equipped with the appropriate barbells, providing an adequate supply of double dumbbells, and repairing or replacing the faulty treadmills will greatly enhance the training experience for all members. Addressing these concerns promptly will not only improve member satisfaction but also demonstrate the gym’s commitment to maintaining high standards of equipment and service.

I eagerly await your response and the steps you will take to resolve these matters. Thank you in advance for your attention to this critical issue.

Yours sincerely,

Olga Aminova


Sample letter 3:

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Kirill Aminov, and I am writing to express my concern about the poor condition of some fitness equipment at your facility. As a professional runner, I am highly motivated to pursue my goals even during the winter season. However, significant issues have arisen in recent weeks with the treadmills located next to the entrance of the swimming pool.

Firstly, I must highlight the inadequate state of the pulse monitors on your treadmills. These devices have consistently malfunctioned, preventing clients from accurately tracking their heart rates during long-distance running. Without reliable pulse monitoring, athletes are unable to maintain the correct pace, which inevitably leads to suboptimal performance.

Moreover, the screens on a substantial number of your treadmills are heavily scratched, which diminishes the overall training experience. These visual impairments make it challenging to view essential data such as speed, distance, and time, further hindering the effectiveness of workouts.

In addition to these issues, I have noticed that several treadmills emit unusual noises and occasionally experience abrupt speed changes, posing a safety risk to users. These problems not only reduce the enjoyment of our training sessions but also raise concerns about the overall maintenance and safety standards of your facility.

My team and I are scheduled to compete in a fortnight and are seriously considering switching to another club during the next offseason. However, if the equipment is replaced or repaired within the next two months, we will not only remain at your club but also actively recommend it to potential new members.

I eagerly await your prompt response and resolution of these issues.

Yours faithfully,

Kirill Aminov

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

In many countries, people are now living longer than ever before. Some people say an ageing population creates problems for governments. Other people think there are benefits if society has more elderly people. To what extent do the advantages of having an ageing population outweigh the disadvantages?

IELTS Cambridge Book 18. Test 1. The graph below gives information about the percentage of the population in four Asian countries living in cities from 1970 to 2020, with predictions for 2030 and 2040.

IELTS Speaking part 3. Changes